- This event has passed.
Self Care Workshop with Dr. Jennea Wood of Tummy Temple
May 2 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Whether triggered by work, interpersonal relationships, politics, etc., our nervous systems frequently wind up overtaxed with stress, resulting in anxiety, depression, muscle tension, adrenal dysfunction, digestive disturbances, chronic inflammation and more. Self-care is often discussed as the answer, but what does that really mean? We will start with a short meditation and then have a lighthearted discussion of what self-care really means and how to adapt this idea to suit each of us.
Some topics include:
- Learning to listen to your gut/heart, and then getting into the habit of choosing actions from that place
- Developing habits that are self-caring
- Choosing to cultivate relationships that support this way of being
- Simplifying your life
- This class will overlap somewhat with the nervous system focused class taught in February and will last 60-75 minutes.
- There will be chocolate ; )
Dr. Jennea Wood is a naturopathic physician practicing with Tummy Temple in Greater Olympia/Lacey. Her areas of specialty include helping people who are struggling with gastrointestinal diseases of all kinds, thyroid and adrenal dysfunction, anxiety and depression, atopic diseases including asthma, allergies and eczema, autoimmune conditions and detoxification. You can learn more about her practice and the other offerings of Tummy Temple here.