It is an adventure to shop here – seeing friends, meeting new people, getting good food, and supporting producers who reflect our mission and values. When first visiting us, it could seem a little confusing. We welcome you to visit us at the Customer Service desk. We are happy to help orient you to shopping with us.
Below are some FAQs and the Returns Policy. Also, feel free to contact us for any additional inquires.
Do I need to be a Member to shop here?
Anyone is welcome to shop. Non-members will be charged an additional 10% on their purchases. For more information, visit our membership page.
Who are Working Members?
They are members who greatly enhance our organization with assistance in many departments, projects and committees. Without their generous help, the Co-op would be a very different place! Think you might like to be one, too? Visit our working members page.
What are PLU numbers and when do I need to write them down?
PLUs are numbers that cashiers use to ring up your purchases. If a product does not have a bar code it will have a PLU number. This includes all of bulk, most of produce, and some of bakery.
How do I get liquid bulk items?
Bring in your container or purchase one of ours – various designs in glass and plastic are available. Make sure to weigh the container prior to filling, and write down the weight, which is also called the “tare”, to tell the cashier. Scales are found in the bulk section.
Are there discounts for purchasing large quantities of product?
Yes. We offer a 10% discount on most special orders. Find a staff member to help with specifics of your order. We will call you when your product arrives. Payment is due upon pickup.
Olympia Food Co-op Returns Policy
As a not-for-profit, community owned grocery store, the purpose of our returns policy is to promote member satisfaction while maintaining low prices.
1. All returns must be approved by a front end staff member
2. Items may be returned or exchanged to either store within 30 days of purchase
3. All refunds and price adjustments must be accompanied by a sales receipt (members may retrieve their receipt at the store where they made their purchase, provided that they associated the sale with their membership)
4. Items with a receipt may be returned for a refund as follows:
a. For credit or debit purchases – the refund amount must be credited back to the customer’s card
b. For EBT Food purchases – the refund amount must be credited to the EBT card used in the original purchase
c. For cash, check or EBT cash purchases – the Co-op may give a refund in cash
d. For Co-op gift card purchases – the refund amount will be credited back to a gift card
5. Items without a receipt may receive in-store credit only, no cash back. Up to three items at one time may receive in-store credit without a receipt
6. The Olympia Food Co-op reserves the right to handle returns and exchanges on a case-by-case basis.