Fresh Food for Everybody! Stimulate your senses with vibrant seasonal selections available in your produce department. We are dedicated to ensuring that the best variety of fresh, local, and organic selections are here every day!
We work closely with regional distributors to bring you a wide selection of fruits and vegetables throughout every growing season!
We cultivate long term relationships with local farmers through our Local Farms Program to ensure the best available produce and to support a healthy local economy. When you choose produce from the aisle, it could very well have been harvested from the farm that morning. That’s how dedicated to local we are!
Leading the way in organics for over 30 years! Our practices are guided by our mission and values and embrace all industry standards. You will only find the best organic, pesticide-free, and wild-harvested produce here!
We are proud of our partners—and you can be too! You will find selections from these amazing programs and producers in your produce department.
Produce Mission Statement
We in the Produce Department believe in supporting sustainable agriculture by providing certified organic, pesticide free, and transitional produce as often as possible. Purchasing sustainably grown food contributes to the health and well being of the planet and its inhabitants. When we support practices that maintain the balance of the ecosystem, we ensure a safe and healthy food supply for ourselves and future generations.
- educate membership about produce and the Co-op’s buying practices
- educate ourselves about specific product uses, as well as farmer, distributor, and industry practices
- encourage members to move beyond their usual buying habits by focusing on the aesthetics of fresh produce
- offer fair prices for locally grown or directly purchased crops
- provide fresh organic, transitional, or pesticide free produce at an affordable price to the membership
- support local farmers by providing as much local produce as possible
- strive to save resources by reusing materials and reducing transportation of food
- provide information about produce
- stimulate the local and regional economy with our buying practices
- demonstrate the viability of local commerce by acting as a model for bioregionalism
- honor fresh food as a life-giving energy source that excites the senses and has healing properties
Here are the past Produce Department Newsletters with highlights of the season, farmer updates, and recipes!