This is a fantastic dish to serve at a party; just double (or triple) the recipe and use a wider bowl or small casserole dish. The crunchy jicama, sweet mango and creamy avocado are a delicious topping for tostadas and quesadillas, too. Serves 4. Prep time: 15 minutes.
½ cup chopped mango
½ cup cubed jicama
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
2 large ripe avocados
½ teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, smashed
2 small scallions, chopped
1 pinch chili powder
- Peel and chop the mango and jicama in small, even pieces; sprinkle with a teaspoon of lime juice and reserve.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits; scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
- Mash coarsely with a fork, then add the remaining tablespoon of lime juice, salt and garlic and mix.
- Stir in the scallions.
- Spread the guacamole in a small serving bowl.
- Sprinkle mango and jicama on top of the guacamole, then dust with chili powder.
- Serve immediately with chips or quesadillas.
Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop