This delicious, elegant dessert is deceptively easy to make. This sweet little recipe works as an appetizer or salad with some fresh lettuce, arugula or watercress, or as a dessert when drizzled with warm honey. Servings 4 – 8. Total time 30 minutes.
4 apricots, halved and pitted
4 ounces soft chevre
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon orange Juice
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil to brush the apricot halves
- Preheat the grill over medium heat.
- In the microwave or in a small saucepan, gently heat the honey, orange juice, and tarragon. Stir well and set aside.
- Brush each apricot half with a little canola oil and sprinkle with salt. Place apricots cut side down on the grill for about 2-3 minutes. Turn the apricots over and reduce the heat to low. Brush each apricot halve with the honey mixture (save any unused honey mixture to serve with the finished apricots).
- Top each apricot half with 1/2 oz. of goat cheese. Close the grill lid and let the cheese melt for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of the remaining honey mixture.
Calories: 211, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Sodium: 151 mg, Carbohydrate: 14 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 9 g
Reprinted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop