Keep a bag of frozen ravioli handy and you can have a delicious dinner on the table in minutes. Made with meat or cheese filled ravioli and sliced ham, this dish will be fast and flavorful either way. Serve with a green salad or steamed veggies for a complete meal. Serves 4. Prep time: 15 minutes active; 25 minutes total.
1 pound frozen ravioli (any variety)
½ cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 ounces sliced ham, chopped
½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start heating a large pot of salted water for cooking the ravioli.
- Measure the peas and set aside to thaw while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, and add the lemon zest and garlic. Stir just until the lemon and garlic sizzle, then turn off the heat, and let stand.
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions, about 8 minutes.
- Add the peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
- Reheat the olive oil mixture on medium high heat and add the ham. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until the ham begins to crisp.
- Add the drained ravioli, tomatoes and parsley to the pan, toss to coat with oil and mix well.
- When the tomatoes are starting to soften, about 1 minute, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop