This one pot meal is sure to please with its super savory flavors and heartiness. It is cheesy, gooey, satisfying and surprisingly good for you! Add leftover cubed chicken or some seasoned baked tofu to really rev up the protein. Serves 4. Prep time: 10 minutes active; 40 minutes total.
1½ cups farro
2 cups chicken broth
¾ cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
I bunch kale, tough ribs removed, loosely torn
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 3.8 ounce can sliced ripe black olives
1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Salt to taste
- Add farro, chicken broth and water to a large sauté pan or skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, add kale, onion powder and olive oil.
- Continue to cook for 5 to 7 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat.
- Add olives and Parmesan cheese to the pot, stirring to combine. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop