The classic Green Goddess dressing has a hint of anchovy for umami, but if you want to leave it out, you can. Top with cooked chicken or ham for a main course salad, or serve alongside grilled shrimp. Double the amounts in the dressing ingredients to make extra for salads throughout the week! Serves 4. Prep time: 20 minutes.
1 clove garlic
1 small anchovy (optional)
½ cup lightly packed fresh parsley
2 medium scallions, white and green parts separated
½ teaspoon dried tarragon
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 ounces baby spinach, washed and dried
1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 medium avocado, sliced
- In the food processor, combine the garlic, anchovy (if using), parsley and the white parts of the scallions. Process to mince very finely. Scrape down and process again.
- Add the tarragon, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil until well mixed.
- Transfer to a pouring cup or jar; keeps for four days, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
- Spread the spinach on a platter or four small dinner plates.
- Cover with cucumber and avocado, and drizzle with dressing, then chop and sprinkle the scallion greens over the salads.
- Serve immediately.
Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop