The Community Sustaining Fund, a continuous recipient of the Co-op’s Round Up! at the registers program, is now accepting applications for their 2020 Fall Grant Cycle.
The Deadline for Receipt of Grant Applications is Friday, November 13th, 2020.
2020 Grant Application
More information about CSF can be found here:
Community Sustaining Fund
Funds collected by generous member contributions to the Olympia Food Co-op Round Up at the Register program are once again available to local, Thurston County organizations and individuals. Considering the many challenges affecting our community, both locally and globally due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that we all face an unknown future with added collective anxiety. The leadership team of CSF has therefore created the following SPECIAL CSF CRITERIA—FOR THIS GRANT CYCLE ONLY.
We are looking for creative and impactful applications that:
- Align with the emergent social and health concerns brought to our community by COVID-19.
- Reach for system approaches regarding basic needs (i.e., food supply, emergency housing, local economies).
- Account for the potential of continued physical distancing by utilizing available digital technologies that support social engagement.
Grant requests up to $1,000 will be considered (although often due to low funds available, awards can be in the $100-500 range).
Also unique (but possibly continuing) to this grant cycle, additional funds will be available through the Sue Lundy Memorial Fund, created through the Olympia Kiwanis to honor the passing of Sue Lundy, a long-time community activist and volunteer at the Olympia Kiwanis Food Bank Garden.
In this CSF funding round, applicants will need to specify whether their project is applying for Sue Lundy funds or for regular CSF funds.
Sue Lundy Funding Criteria
*Applications for Sue Lundy funds need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Projects that support young farmers, especially women
- Projects that assist in starting up Community Supported Agriculture
- Projects that facilitate connections between beginning and established farmers
- Projects that promote community gardens
- Initiatives that provide support for single mothers with special needs and immigrant mothers and families
Application grant requests for the Sue Lundy Fund can be up to $2,000.
Deadline for Receipt of Grant Applications: Friday, Nov. 13, 2020