Healing Digestive Complaints with Dr. Jennea Wood of Tummy Temple
June 6 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$7.00
Digestion is so central to health because it takes a clean burning digestive system to optimally absorb vitamins and minerals from our food, and digestive irritation and inflammation frequently leads to body-wide inflammation. Bloating, heartburn and other uncomfortable digestive symptoms are signs that this process isn’t happening optimally. Over time this can lead to nutrient deficiencies and increased inflammation in the body and can therefore effect the health of every single other body system. You are not alone! Digestive disturbances are incredibly common and they are telling you something. Come learn about the most common root causes and get some basic tools of how to support a stronger digestive system.
What we’ll cover:
- What are the most common root causes of digestive upset?
- The connection between gut and brain
- Why it’s important to address each person individually
- When is testing necessary and what tests?
- Some starter tips to strengthen the digestive system and begin to address common issues.
- Get your questions answered by a doctor trained in both conventional and holistic medicine.
Dr. Jennea Wood is a naturopathic physician practicing with Tummy Temple in Greater Olympia/Lacey. Her areas of specialty include helping people who are struggling with gastrointestinal diseases of all kinds, thyroid and adrenal dysfunction, anxiety and depression, atopic diseases including asthma, allergies and eczema, autoimmune conditions and detoxification. You can learn more about her practice and the other offerings of Tummy Temple here.