The health and well-being of our shoppers, staff, working members and suppliers is our utmost concern. Our goal is to keep both of our stores open and safe to provide food and essential supplies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Help Keep Our Community Healthy
As shoppers, we ask that you
- please stay home if you are displaying symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, or muscle aches
- use our online order and pickup system, accessible at: Order for Pickup
- bring shopping bags for self-bagging after purchase but do not shop into them
- maintain 6 feet between yourself and others
- use hand sanitizer
- wear a face mask over your nose and mouth while shopping, as required in Thurston county, even if fully vaccinated
- avoid touching your face while shopping and re-sanitize as needed
- shop solo whenever possible to help reduce crowding and wait times
- sanitize your cart and basket before and after shopping
What we do differently now
- open hours are currently 9am – 8pm. Beginning April 30th store hours will be 9am-9pm at both locations
- number of customers inside our stores are limited based on state requirements
- Westside Free Store is closed at least until Phase 4 of WA State Guidelines for Safe Reopening
- some areas may need to close for short periods for safe restocking and cleaning
- workers regularly sanitize and clean high touch surfaces in the store
- disinfected pencils are provided at customer service for writing bulk PLU numbers, and the produce numbers no longer need to be written down
- Eastside eating area closed until further notice
- extra signage and floor markers present to remind us all about social distancing
Taking care of our Workers
- staff and working members are required to stay home if they are sick or concerned about exposure
- workers wash our hands frequently, use sanitizer and sanitize or replace gloves as needed
- workers wear L&I approved masks and face coverings
- plexiglass barriers have been added at checkout lanes
- strive to maintain social distancing best practices and move stocking work to before and after open hours
- meetings are held online and we utilize opportunities for remote work when possible
Most departments have begun taking special orders again, some restrictions may apply. As usual, items on promotion or Co+op Basics do not receive the special order discount. Call one of our stores to place a special order.
In the Deli
- following our kitchen remodel, some Deli production has begun again
- sandwiches and ready to eat foods are available throughout the week and we will continue to plan for more offerings
- soup will begin at the eastside location beginning April 1
- salad bar will remain closed until further notice
In the Bulk Aisle
- use of the provided single-use gloves are now optional in the bulk department
- special orders are available again! These are the details:
- only items we carry
- no additional case discount for items on special
- limit of 100 lbs. per customer per order and only 1 bag/box of any item
- no rice or baking yeast until further notice
- we cannot guarantee if or when an item will arrive or be available
Q: I was in the store during the time an employee who tested positive for Covid-19 worked. Should I quarantine?
A: According to the CDC:
” Who Needs To Quarantine
What counts as close contact?
You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
You shared eating or drinking utensils
They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you “
While we believe that it is highly unlikely that you were within 6 ft of the employee for a total of 15 minutes or more, we recommend that you talk to your healthcare providers and follow their guidance.
Q: Are you alerting employees of their potential exposure?
A: Yes. We are following all CDC and Washington Department of Health guidelines. We alerted all workers, including our working members, of potential exposure as well as encouraged them to talk to their healthcare providers and take any appropriate next steps.
Q: Do employees get Covid testing?
A: We encourage employees to follow the recommendations of their healthcare providers and get testing as necessary. Our benefits include paid sick leave as well as free Covid testing.
Q: What are you doing to maintain 6ft distancing?
A: We do our best to encourage 6ft distancing by having signage and limiting customer count. We acknowledge that some crowding may be unavoidable. Because of this we also offer our curbside program. For more information please see our website.
Q: How do employees maintain appropriate Covid safety practices in offices and break rooms?
A: We encourage all workers to eat in their cars if able. In order to accommodate workers without cars we also have designated areas where a single individual may eat and break.
We limit staff in work spaces, have plastic curtain barriers between workstations, leave windows and doors open for ventilation, as well as require the wearing of approved face coverings.
Q: Are you still offering the curbside program?
A: Yes. We are currently offering the curbside program at the Eastside location. Please see our website for more details.
Q: Do I need to wear gloves while shopping in the store?
A: Gloves are provided but are no longer required for shopping in any part of the store.
We understand that these protocols are new for everyone and can be difficult to get used to. Please check back frequently for updates.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.