The health and well-being of our shoppers, staff, working members and suppliers is our utmost concern. Our goal is to keep both of our stores open and safe to provide food and essential supplies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Help Keep Our Community Healthy
As shoppers, we ask that you
- please stay home if you are displaying symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, or muscle aches
- use our online order and pickup system Order for Pickup
- leave reusable containers at home
- bring shopping bags for self-bagging after purchase but do not shop into them
- maintain 6 feet between yourself and others
- use hand sanitizer, handwashing sinks, and gloves provided at the stores
- only touch what you intend to buy
- wear a face mask while shopping, as recommended and encouraged by all state agencies
- avoid touching your face while shopping and re-sanitize as needed
- shop solo whenever possible to help reduce crowding and wait times
What we do differently now
- open hours are now 9am – 7pm at both stores. Our Westside store may also close between 1pm – 2 pm, but we will move away from this in early June
- number of customers inside our stores are limited based on state requirements
- all returns of merchandise suspended
- door greeters are positioned at both stores to direct shoppers on new protocols
- some areas may need to close for short periods for safe restocking and cleaning
- disinfect shopping carts and baskets between each use
- cleaning and sanitizing of stores & equipment has been increased
- disinfected pencils are provided at customer service for writing bulk PLU numbers, and the produce numbers no longer need to be written down
- Eastside eating area and Westside Free Store closed until further notice
- extra signage and floor markers present to remind us all about social distancing.
Taking care of our Workers
- staff and working members are required to stay home if they are sick or concerned about exposure
- workers wash our hands frequently, use sanitizer and sanitize or replace gloves as needed
- workers wear masks and face coverings and we strive to make more masks available to all, and donations are accepted!
- plexiglass barriers have been added at checkout lanes
- strive to maintain social distancing best practices and move stocking work to before and after open hours
- meetings are held online and we utilize opportunities for remote work when possible
Most departments have begun taking special orders again! Exceptions include anything from the bulk department, as well as any paper or cleaning products (toilet paper, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, laundry soap, etc.) We cannot guarantee supply of any item and some may have longer wait times than others. As usual, items on promotion or Co+op Basics do not receive the special order discount. Call one of our stores to place a special order.
In the Deli
Following our kitchen remodel, some Deli production has begun again! Limited sandwiches and ready to eat foods will be available throughout the week and we will continue to plan for more offerings.
Coffee and Hot water service is limited and requires use of gloves to dispense
Salad and soup bars will remain closed until further notice.
In the Bulk Aisle
- use of the provided single-use gloves is required and frequent sanitizing as well
- limited selection of plastic containers and canning jars are available while the use of reusable bulk containers from home is suspended
- limit purchases to 5 pounds
- special orders on hold until further notice due to limited supplies of many items
More about Reused Containers
The Co-op is not allowing shoppers to use containers from home to purchase bulk foods. We recognize that this doesn’t align with our usual efforts to promote ecological sustainability. However, during the pandemic, we believe that this action is in the best interest of all shoppers’ health and safety.
- there’s no way for us to ensure that re-used containers have been sanitized adequately
- containers could come in contact with and contaminate bulk scoops and spigots
- many shoppers are immune-compromised and rely on us to make every effort to provide as clean an environment as possible
- many other Co-ops have closed their bulk departments completely, and we’re taking steps to help prevent that necessity here
- cashiers have asked for a general reduction in need to touch items from outside the store
We understand that these protocols are new for everyone and can be difficult to get used to. Please check back frequently for updates.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Please use this form for suggestions on our website